Due to continuous growth at our Wellingborough facility, we are looking for a talented Quality Engineer to join our team. The Quality Engineer role ensures that customer satisfaction is maintained through product conformance to agreed quality standards and processes, both with our own machined and assembled components, and all incoming parts from our supply chain.
You’ll support New Product Introduction (NPI) through the approval of the initial sample reports, capability, analysis reports, hand-gauging and other product/customer specific activities. You’ll drive supplier and internal assessments against the requirements of industry standards, communicating any areas of concern to management and providing solutions to resolve.
As the first point of contact, you’ll liaise with suppliers and customers on key quality problems, leading and supporting 8D activities. You’ll analyse and report on production performance with the aim of prioritising improvement, and with a ‘best-practice’ attitude, you’ll be making suggestions to drive continuous improvement.
With a background in machined components and quality control, you’ll audit mandatory operator-performed calibrations checks; e.g. leak test pass and fail master, etch quality grading etc. to ensure full compliance.
You’ll be passionate about removing waste from the process, and will monitor both internal and external scrap levels, initiating problem solving activities and scrap reduction initiatives. You’ll coordinate the material flow of non-conforming parts from production to resolution. You’ll be passionate in maintaining customer-driven documentation of quality elements and ensure corrective actions are implemented.
You’ll contribute to the update of the Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) documents and Product Control Plans in accordance with changes to process, updating said documentation where responsible.
Carrying out internal process and system audits in line with company quality accreditations including closing out audit findings, creating audits finding reports and determining robust corrective preventive actions will also be a key part of your role. You’ll participate in the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process as part of the team, particularly supporting the quality elements.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?:
- A Degree/HND in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is essential
- Studying for, or achievement of ‘Charted Quality Institute’ (previously ‘Institute of Quality Assurance’) membership is desirable
- Minimum of 3 years proven experience, preferably within an automotive environment, is essential, covering APQP and Quality Assurance (QA) activities
- Proven experience of Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Proven experience of Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA) activities
- Proven experience of participating in and/or leading product and process audits
- IT literacy, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Interpretation of geometric tolerancing and 2D drawings
- Good communication skills
- Problem Solving using recognised tools and techniques
- Understanding and experience of APQP, FMEAs, PPAP, SPC
- Familiarity with Q-DAS or similar software would be an advantage.
Please apply today by uploading your CV and covering letter stating why you’re perfect for this role into the boxes below, if you have any questions please message us via our Contact Us page! Good luck!