We are looking to recruit 3 PERMANENT, FULL-TIME Productions Technicians with a solid background in CNC machining to join our growing Operations Team at our Wellingborough facility. There are 2 vacancies for our earlies/lates 2 shift system, and 1 vacancy on our Night-Shift. Please ensure you state clearly which position you are applying for.
2 shift system – Monday to Friday: Earlies: 5.45am-14:15, lates: 13:45-22:15.
Night shift – Sunday-Thursday: 21:45-06:15 (finishes on Friday morning).
We are inviting applications from candidates with substantial experience of operating, setting and programming on CNC machining centres. Please do not apply for these roles if you do not have this essential experience.
You’ll support the Operations function in all aspects to keep our production going. You’ll be the first point of call to troubleshoot any issues quickly and efficiently. Working alongside your fellow production technicians, you’ll be:
- ‘First on the scene’ to keep production going on our range of CNC vertical and horizontal machining centres
- Undertaking machine resets when needed
- Changing over fixtures and tooling in line with production schedules, and loading programs for our operators
- Checking first-offs after changeovers with our Quality team
- Performing manual toolchanges and monitoring tool libraries
- Undertaking tool pre-setting and loading offsets into our CNC machining centres
- Liaising with shift supervisors and our maintenance team to keep the machines running and maximise production levels
You’ll be assisting the Engineering team in delivering high quality training to the CNC operators to ensure quality parts are produced every time. You’ll also provide input and feedback to the Engineering team through their New Production Introduction (NPI) and process improvement projects. A high level of literacy and numeracy is essential as you’ll be communicating at all levels internally, and also with customers and suppliers.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?:
- Talented all-round Production Technician with CNC programming/setting knowledge of 3, 4 & 5-axis CNC Machining centres, with Siemens Sinumerik and Fanuc CNC controls is essential
- Time-served apprenticeship or relevant experience in a Mechanical Engineering discipline, and NVQ HNC Level 4 or above is desirable
- Demonstrable Quality experience and/or relevant qualifications
- Excellent analytical, organisational and problem-solving abilities, combined with a hands-on approach, and a ‘can do’ attitude
- A credible and confident communicator (written and verbal)
- Good understanding of the Tier 1 Automotive Quality Procedures
- CAD/CAM knowledge and excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to work accurately in a busy and demanding
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work proactively using own initiative
If you meet all the requirements above, please submit your CV detailing all your relevant experience and qualifications with a covering letter in the box below, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org Good luck!