Due to our recent machine tool investments into Vertex, we are looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Business Development Manager to bring sustainable new business to the company in order to meet and exceed our expansion plans.
Vertex Engineering Solutions in Birmingham is part of the Autocraft Solutions Group. Vertex specialises in fixture design & manufacture, prototype machining from solid & castings, low volume & complex machined components, 5-axis machining of large & wide components, 3-axis CNC turning, manufacture of Moulds & Dies and Spark Erosion (EDM).
Working closely alongside the Site Director, you’ll combine the company’s sales requirements with your ability to seek out opportunities and convert them to customer orders. You’ll identify and make connections with new customers across a range of industries requiring the design and manufacture of jigs and fixtures, as well as prototype and low volume specialist machining and turning. As Vertex’s USP is to ‘love the jobs others hate’, you’ll seek gaps in the market where other machine shops cannot produce components or fixtures, and provide a sub-contract solution to them. You’ll look for opportunities with OEMs and Tier 1 companies to provide components and fixtures as a Tier 2.
You’ll call upon your solid background in engineering and your manufacturing network to identify new customers which you’ll then manage on an ongoing Key Account basis.
We are offering a basic salary of £30,000 pa, plus £3,000 car allowance and mileage for business miles at HMRC rates. The minimum added-value sales target to qualify for commission bonus is just £20,000 a month. Added value sales of over £20,000 a month qualify for a 5% commission payment. Currently, we have up to £100,000 a month of spare added-value machining capacity therefore a successful BDM should see additional monthly sales bonuses of up to £4,000 per month.
You’ll be based from home, with daily travel to customer meetings and some travel to Vertex expected, and a company phone and laptop will be provided.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A time-served engineering apprenticeship, or HNC/HND or above in an engineering-related subject
Experience & Skills
- A ‘can-do’ people person, with strong interpersonal skills and very presentable as the ‘face of the company’
- Strong background in engineering, in particular with machined and turned components, and jig/fixture design
- A problem-solver, with excellent estimating skills in order to produce accurate quotations
- Ability to read and transfer engineering drawings in CAD software
- Highly literate and numerate, with excellent presentation and listening skills
- Flexibility to travel around the UK and work extra hours as and when required
Please apply today by uploading your CV and covering letter stating why you’re perfect for this role into the boxes below, if you have any questions please message us via our Contact Us page! Good luck!