An exciting opportunity has arisen in our busy engineering department at our Grantham facility for a talented and innovative Manufacturing Process Engineer with a minimum 5 years’ experience in an engine assembly environment.
Report to the Engineering Assembly Team Leader, the successful applicant will join a team of experienced engineers delivering low to medium volume assembly systems for new projects as well as providing technical support for the operations and maintenance teams within the existing assembly systems.
Who we are looking for:
You will need to be self-motivated and possess excellent communication skills, and a good sense of urgency, flexibility, versatility and commitment will be qualities you pride yourself on. You will be required to have an excellent attention to detail and be confident in communication and training of shop floor operatives.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant field however other qualifications or experience may be considered
- 5 years’ experience in an engine assembly environment (other relevant experience may be considered)
- Experience of programming DC tools (e.g Atlas Copco etc)
- Experience of SCARA robot programming
- Develop Specification Documents for capital equipment for engine/subcomponent assembly equipment
- Project Management of capital expenditure projects including supporting writing and maintaining project timing plans
- Working with both suppliers and customers to provide solutions to engineering requirements
- Good time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Familiar with the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and the sections that make this up including Process Flow Diagrams, Process FMEA’s, Control Plans, ISIR Requirements
- Support production for issue resolution, training, and process optimisation
- Work in an IATF16949 environment and in line with the company’s quality standards
- Experience of programming Camera Recognition software would be beneficial but is not essential
- Experience of Solidworks or another 3D CAD package is preferred but not essential
Submit your CV and a covering letter into the box below stating why you’re perfect for this role! Good luck!