We are looking for a number of PERMANENT, FULL-TIME CNC Machine Operators
to join our busy and growing shop floor, working on a range of high-quality
Heller, Grob and Matsuura CNC machine tools!
Do you have previous experience as a CNC machinist or a very hands-on
engineering role in a similar manufacturing environment? Then we want to hear
from you! We are interviewing immediately, so apply today!
Based at the company’s Wellingborough site our CNC Machine Operators work in various parts of the factory producing the highest quality engine and structural components supplied to prestigious clients such as Jaguar Land Rover, Aston Martin, Perkins, Austro Engine and many more. Operating a variety of high-quality precision machining centres, your role will involve carefully following process sheets, loading and unloading components, safe operation of machining centres and other machinery involved in the process such as washes, gauging and other assembly equipment. Full training will be provided along with company uniform and PPE necessary to ensure highest levels of safety.
Initially the role will be on a day-shift basis while training is undertaken, and upon successful completion up to 12 weeks you will be required to work a 2-shift system of ‘earlies’ and ‘lates’ (6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm). We also have a number of permanent night shift opportunities available (after initial day-shift training period), please state if you are interested in being considered for these roles.
There are many benefits of this role, some of which are listed below:
- Working for an ambitious and growing employer, (part of the Autocraft Solutions Group of companies), with a growing order book and strong balance sheet.
- This is a permanent role that offers full training and a competitive wage with the opportunity to learn, train and build a career within the company.
- An environmentally conscious employer that will listen to suggestions which may improve working conditions, quality, and efficiency or save waste etc.
- Company Pension Scheme with employer contributions.
- Access to the ‘Health Assured’ Employee Assistance Programme – a free, confidential 24 hour helpline to support you through any of life’s issues or problems. We also offer an ‘Online Health Hub’ where you can access an array of services and advice to keep yourself and your family healthy.
- Overtime may be available but is not guaranteed.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The ideal candidates for our CNC Machine Operator roles will have good attention to detail and be able to work as part of a team. This is important as your role will be part of a larger team effort that works to deadlines and very high quality standards. Experience working on machining centres and in an engineering/machine shop environment would be advantageous.
Essential for the CNC Machine Operator role:
- Previous experience of machine operation on CNC machine tools, or in a similar “hands-on” engineering environment.
- Previous experience in a similar role/manufacturing company
- A ‘can-do’, flexible attitude
- Willingness to learn new skills and cross-train
- Punctual and dependable
- Able to work a 2 shift system (or permanent nights as stated above)
- Proficient in English (verbal & written)
- Happy to undertake a DBS check
- Live within a commutable distance of Wellingborough
Desirable for the CNC Machine Operator role:
- Knowledge of Fanuc and Siemens control operating systems
- Knowledge and experience in the use of types of gauging
- A good interest in the automotive industry
Does this sound like you? If yes, then please submit your details below!