Are you a talented and experienced Engineering Technician with a solid background in CNC machining? We’re looking for an Engineering Technician with a passion for continuous improvement to join our very busy and growing Engineering department at our Wellingborough facility.
Autocraft Machining Solutions is part of the Autocraft Solutions Group. Our 7,000sqm facility in Wellingborough is home to the group’s medium to high volume machining capability. AMS specialises in cylinder head & block machining, bed plates, ladder frames, EV motor & transmission casings, and structural BIW components.
You’ll support the Engineering function in all aspects, assisting with New Product Introduction projects, and with your keen engineering mind you’ll always be on the look-out for process improvements. You’ll work alongside your fellow engineers to:
- Set up new and existing tooling on CNC vertical and horizontal machining centres
- Set up new and existing ancillary equipment
- Load programs into machines
- Prove out programs (new and modified), and produce First Offs
- Assist in development of PFMEA & control plans
- Deliver on customer expectations (PPAP/PSW)
- Assist the Quality team with the CMM measurement of parts
- Develop and maintain process documentation
You’ll be responsible for producing capability studies, and identifying and delivering training to the CNC operators to ensure quality parts are produced every time. A high level of literacy and numeracy is essential as you’ll be communicating at all levels internally, and directly with customers and suppliers.
Attention to our stringent Health and Safety policies is essential, as you’ll be developing Risk Assessments and safe systems of work.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?:
- Talented all-round Engineering Technician with CNC programming/setting knowledge of 3, 4 & 5-axis CNC machining centres, with Siemens Sinumerik and Fanuc CNC controls
- Time-served apprenticeship or relevant experience in a Mechanical Engineering discipline, and NVQ HNC Level 4 or above is desirable
- Impressive, demonstrable track record and skills and experience gained within a similar position at a similar level
- Excellent analytical, organisational and problem-solving abilities, combined with a hands-on approach, and a ‘can do’ attitude
- A credible and confident communicator (written and verbal)
- Good understanding of the Tier 1 Automotive Quality Procedures
- CAD/CAM knowledge and excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to work accurately in a busy and demanding
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work proactively using own initiative
If you meet all the requirements above, please submit your CV detailing all your relevant experience and qualifications with a covering letter in the box below, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org Good luck!