Due to recent expansion and continued growth, we are looking for a Buyer responsible for the procurement of a diverse range of goods and services across the group. This is an exciting new position, working as part of the Material Control/ Purchasing team at our head office in Grantham.
You’ll be responsible for procurement of non-production items across the 3 Autocraft sites, and will also manage the day-to-day supply of a portfolio of production parts. Working as an integral part of the Material Control team, you’ll be producing Purchase Orders from both purchase requisitions and our MRP system and expediting as necessary.
As a talented and experienced Buyer, you’ll build strong relationships with your suppliers, always keen to identify and instigate cost savings and negotiate the most advantageous commercial terms for the business. You’ll have experience of initiating supply agreements, ensuring terms are fair for both sides, and you’ll monitor your contracts and provide metrics to management.
You’ll manage inventory levels, and oversee VMI/consignment stock profiles at all sites. You’ll ensure stock control decisions regarding deliveries are compatible with usage requirement, minimum order quantities and commercial guidelines. You’ll ensure MRP and system data is accurate and managed efficiently. As a great communicator, you’ll confidently investigate and resolve invoice queries relating to purchases, and ensure a satisfactory outcome for both parties.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum of two years Buying experience, ideally in a manufacturing environment
- Commercially minded with excellent attention to detail. Open to embrace new ways of working and comfortable with change
- Ability to analyse and interrogate data, including strong Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written in dealing with suppliers, internal stakeholders and ability to interface with customers when required
- Ability to follow processes but also the aptitude to handle ambiguity and uncertainty
- An organised and methodical approach to problem solving and finding resolutions
- CIPS preferred but not essential
Please apply today by uploading your CV and covering letter stating why you’re perfect for this role into the boxes below, if you have any questions please message us via our Contact Us page! Good luck!